Job and Internship Opportunities
Communications Intern - Fall 2013
Everyday Democracy is seeking someone interested in helping to spread the word about people changing their communities. We pay special attention to the connection between racial equity and the issues communities face.
The Communications Intern will report to the Communications Manager and will assist the communications team in supporting a variety of tasks that may vary depending on the intern's interests and skills. Working in a flexible and creative environment, the intern will have opportunities sharpen his or her research, documentation, and communications skills.
RESPONSIBILITIES MAY INCLUDE:
- Assisting in production of internal and external newsletters and reports
- Evaluating our communication tools
- Conducting research for communications projects
- Conducting website updates and maintenance
- Editing and transcribing audio clips to be turned into podcasts
- Assisting the communications team with various administrative tasks
Time commitment is 8-10 hours per week for one semester. Working hours are flexible but the work must be completed between 7:30 a.m. and 6:00 p.m. weekdays, at our East Hartford office. This is a paid internship opportunity. The applicant should have an interest in nonprofit communications (however, no communications coursework or experience is required), and be committed to working against racism and other inequalities.
- Strong oral, written, and interpersonal skills
- Organized, creative thinker and team player
- An open mind and willingness to learn
- Ability to juggle multiple projects simultaneously and independently
- Ability to learn programs and processes quickly
- A working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs
- Knowledge of various communication tools such as HTML, content management systems, Google Analytics, Facebook, Twitter, and/or audio editing a plus
HOW TO APPLY:
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis, but the priority deadline is August 1 for the fall semester. To apply, please email the following documents to Rebecca Reyes, Communications Manager, at with "Communications Internship" in the subject line.
- Cover letter explaining your interest in this opportunity and what skills you would bring