Community Assistance Internship (Summer and Fall)
Part Time: up to 20 hours a week
Paid Internship: 10.50/hr.
Everyday Democracy is a project of the Paul J. Aicher Foundation that focuses on using dialogue as a tool for positive community change. We focus on equity and bringing diverse community members together to address various social issues.
Community Assistance Internship Description:
Everyday Democracy is seeking an individual who would like to assist a dialogue process that involves creating positive changes in communities throughout the country. The person in this position will support our community assistance efforts in a variety of administrative tasks and data collection. The intern will have opportunities to apply and strengthen research, documentation, organizational, and interpersonal skills. The Community Assistance Intern will report directly to the Community Assistance Associate. The hours are flexible but all work must be completed in the Hartford office between the hours of 8:00am and 5:00pm, Monday-Friday.
Associate’s Degree or pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree, have an interest in administration, community engagement, and organizational management.
Created in 1989 by the Paul J. Aicher Foundation, Everyday Democracy, a Hartford based organization has worked with over 600 communities across the United States on many different public issues. Everyday Democracy is a national organization that helps communities find ways for all kinds of people to think, talk, and work together to solve problems.
It is a high energy, hard-working, ever-changing, fun, and challenging work culture. Opportunities for continued learning, meeting interesting people, and creatively and collaboratively solving problems abound.
- Collecting and inputting survey data for program development
- Documenting program information
- Sharing resources with community partners
- Documenting organizational processes
- Helping with event planning and management
- Drafting presentations for community events, trainings, and conferences
- Assisting with report writing for program development
- Assisting with administrative duties
- Organizational skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Keen eye for detail
- Strong administrative skills
- Basic math skills
- Working on multiple projects
- Command of Microsoft Word, Power Point, and Excel
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
How to apply:
Send your resume and cover letter to Matthew Sagacity Walker at email@example.com by April 30, 2017 fcr the summer internship, and by May 31, 2017 for the fall internship.